Hybrid Water Heater aka Heat Pump Water Heater
If you have an electric water heater, then I have some great news for you- there’s hope for your electric bill! Did you know that a standard tank style water heater uses more energy than a refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer combined? The average household, according to stars from energy.gov uses 64 gallons of hot water every day, and most households spend an average of $400-$600/year heating water– about 25% of your electric bill! There is a more energy-efficient, wallet friendly way to heat water and that is with a hybrid water heater.
I don’t know about you, but for me and many of my clients, the hybrid water heater has been an incredible solution to heating water without forking out insane amounts of money to the electric company every month. I was so impressed with the drop in my electric bill after I had my heat pump water heater installed that I was hooked and immediately started teaching all our clients about the money-saving benefits.
Top 5 Benefits of a Hybrid Water Heater
- The Energy Savings from the hybrid water heater soars through the roof! It is easiest to translate the savings when you consider a hybrid car- a tank of gas will take you ten times further than a standard car. It is very similar when thinking about the hybrid water heater. The RUUD hybrid water heater is so energy efficient that it has a UEF (Uniform Energy Factor) of 3.55-3.70. How does that translate to English? Well, the best way I can translate this is that for every dollar you spend on energy to heat your water, your investment gives you $3.55-$3.70 worth of hot water. That’s like saying for every dollar in gas you put in your car, you get to drive the same distance that $3.55-3.70 worth of fuel would have gotten you. Seriously, I think that is wicked cool.
- The Warranty out of the box on a Ruud Hybrid water far exceeds the traditional warranty on a standard electric water heater. A standard electric water heater, without paying for an extended warranty on the tank, comes with a 6-year warranty and a 2-year warranty on the parts with a 1-year warranty on labor. With a standard tank, you can pay for an extended tank warranty, but that doesn’t always mean you’re getting a better water heater; it often means you’re just prepaying for a water heater like buying an extended warranty on appliances, the appliance didn’t change, just the amount you paid to extend the warranty of it. The RUUD hybrid out of the box comes with a 10-year tank warranty AND a 10-year parts warranty!
- The Leak Detection capability is one of my favorite features about the RUUD Hybrid water heater, and for good reason. The leak detection sensor at the bottom of the water heater senses for any moisture and sends an alert to you on your phone so you can catch issues while they are small, rather than coming home to a flood. I have seen tens of thousands of floods from tank style water heaters leaking, and it’s not a pretty picture. Most floods caused by water heaters leaking could have been avoided if the initial signs of the leak were caught- most water heaters leak slowly over a long period of time before the tank fully ruptures and causes a flood. None of us go and look at our water heater on a regular basis, which is why I believe this leak detection feature is so incredible.
- The App Connectivity is something our plumbers love. The app is easy to use and it helps you to remain in control of your water from anywhere. Did you go on vacation and forget to set your water heater to vacation mode? It can do that. Do you want to adjust the temperature your water heater heats water to? It can do that. Do you want to know the usage of your water heater? It can do that too. The app is so intuitive that it will tell you when it is time to maintain your water heater and can even send alerts to us if there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Imagine, a water heater that calls your plumber for you when it needs repairs.
- The Quiet Operation of the RUUD hybrid water heater is especially important and an incredible feature for those that have their water heater located in areas they live in and use, like laundry rooms and those of us who use our garages as extended living spaces. The hybrid is incredibly quiet and operates at a sound level just above a whisper.
The RUUD hybrid water heater is an incredible innovation of modern technology that will allow your heater to function exactly how you need it to. You can set it to run on standard mode, like any storage tank water heater, or you can easily adjust the settings on the app to heater water in hybrid function. Not enough for you? Take it all the way to the heat pump function! This means you can use both elements to heat water very quickly, especially when you have a high-demand. You can use one element and the heat pump to heat your water while saving money on energy, or you can run it 100% with the heat pump saving a lot of money on electricity when the demand for hot water quickly isn’t as much of a requirement. For many households, they find it best to leave it in heat pump mode during the week allowing the water to heat all day from the heat pump. giving them a tank of hot water when everyone gets home from work and then reheats the tank full of water overnight. On weekends, when the family is home and the demand for water grows, with the push of a button the heat setting on the hybrid water heater can be adjusted to operate off of one or both elements to heat the water faster while still being efficient.
The RUUD hybrid water heater is so energy efficient that it will save up to $4750.00 in energy costs in the first ten years alone of its warranty period. The initial investment of upgrading to a hybrid water heater is quickly paid back in energy savings giving you both the benefit of a return on your investment and saving you money over the lifespan of the water heater.
Services in Phoenix & Beyond
When you’ve found yourself in need of plumbing services in the Phoenix, Glendale, Scottsdale, or Chandler area, you can trust Robins Plumbing to provide you with prompt and expert care, contact our team today! In addition to our toilet services, we also offer a variety of residential and commercial plumbing services, including: drain cleaning, water heater repair and replacement, sewer camera inspection and locating, backflow prevention, commercial and residential jetting, water treatments, and more. Visit our reviews online to see what others have to say about our local plumbing company!